Race for Life Promotion (“Promotion”) in support of Cancer Research UK*
Standard Life Assurance Limited, a company registered in Scotland(registered number SC286833) at Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH (“Standard Life”).
Standard Life will be donating the value of the first four (4) numbers of the winner’s Race for Life 2023 running number to the winner’s Cancer Research UK Giving page.
How to qualify:
To qualify for this promotion you must:
i – post a photo or video of your Race for Life 2023 running number on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn;
ii. tag @StandardLifeUK; and
iii. use the #RFLInYourShoes hashtag
between 8am on 3rd April 2023 and 23:59 on 31 July 2023.
A winner will be drawn on 1 August 2023.
You must be over 18 years of age and must be resident in the United Kingdom.
Participation in the Promotion is free.
Each person must be entered into a Race for Life and must have a genuine Race for Life running number for 2023 and a Cancer Research UK Giving page. All running numbers will be checked against the RFL database.
Promotion start date/time:
12pm 13th April 2023
Promotion closing date/time:
11:59pm on 31 July 2023. Any photos or videos posted after this time will not qualify for the Promotion.
Promotion reward details:
Standard Life will donate the value of the first four (4) numbers of the winner’s Race for Life 2023 running number to the winner’s Cancer Research UK Giving page.
The maximum amount which can be donated will be £9,999.
If you have complied with the “How to Qualify” and “Eligibility Criteria” sections within the timescales given you will be entered into the Promotion.
All eligible entries shall be entered into an online tool** to pick a winner at random.
A winner will be chosen and announced by Standard Life on their social media pages on 1st August 2023.
A representative of Standard Life will contact you within 30 days to obtain details of your Cancer Research UK Giving Page to send the prize.
Promotion Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
By entering this Promotion, all persons are deemed to have read these Terms and agree to be bound by them.
- Standard Life reserves the right to amend or cancel this Promotion, and these Terms, without any prior notice, and any changes will be posted within these Terms. This Promotion is open to all eligible natural persons (as detailed in the Eligibility Criteria).
- This Promotion is limited to one entry per person, multiple entries on different social media sites will be counted as one entry.
- Individuals who do not meet the Eligibility Criteria will not qualify for the promotion.
- No cash equivalent, choice or alternative reward will be available. The reward is not transferable or for resale.
- In the event of any fault, error, misunderstanding or dispute concerning these Terms, the decision of Standard Life is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Singular terms include the plural and these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with English law. If any provision of these Terms proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions remaining in full force and effect. Any disputes will be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
- You agree that Standard Life can share photos and videos received as part of this Promotion on its social media profile (LinkedIn: @StandardLifeUK, Twitter: @StandardLifeUK, Instagram: @StandardLifeUK, Facebook: @StandardLifeUK) and be used in other publicity by Standard Life connected with Race for Life.
- Standard Life reserves the right to refuse any entry that is deemed to be appropriate in its content.
- If an Employee of Standard Life or Phoenix Group is selected, Standard Life will donate to the Employee’s Just Giving Page in addition to selecting another winner.
*Cancer Research is a registered Charity (no. 1089464) and a company limited by guarantee (no. 4325234), whose registered address is 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ.
**The online tool which is being used is: https://commentpicker.com/wheel-of-names.php.