Standard Life have partnered with Key Retirement Solutions Ltd to provide equity release information and tools. Standard Life Equity Release is a trading name of Key Retirement Solutions Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Free expert equity release advice
We’ve carefully selected Modern Lending Advisers to provide free, bespoke and honest equity release advice on our behalf.
If you decide to go ahead, you’ll receive a dedicated equity release adviser who’ll guide you through the whole process and answer any of your questions. And because Modern Lending Advisers only offer and advise on Standard Life Home Finance lifetime mortgages, their advice and support is always free of charge.
What is equity release?
Equity release allows you to access some of the tax-free cash locked in the value of your home. Its most common form is a lifetime mortgage, which is a loan secured against your property.
With our lifetime mortgages, you can access between £10,000 and £1.5 million while still retaining full ownership of your home and having no monthly repayments – unless you choose to.
With a lifetime mortgage there are typically no monthly repayments to make as the loan, plus roll up interest, is repaid when the plan comes to an end.
That means you could give your later life finances a boost, all the while ensuring your home remains your home.See how much you could release
Am I eligible for equity release?
You could be eligible if:
- You’re a homeowner aged 55-84
- Your property is worth at least £99,000
How could equity release help you?
If you’re considering equity release, you likely already know how you want to spend the money. But to help, here are some of the most common reasons why people choose equity release:
- Clear existing debts
- Pay off an existing mortgage
- Helping with regular bills
- Home and garden improvements
- Gifting money to family and friends
- Going on holiday
Things to consider
- A lifetime mortgage is a loan secured against your home. It will reduce the value of your estate and may affect your entitlement to means-tested benefits.
- All of our plans meet the Equity Release Council standards and come with several protections, including the no negative equity guarantee, which means you’ll never owe more than your home’s value.
- You need to get expert advice before you can go ahead with equity release. To help, we can introduce you to equity release specialists, Modern Lending Advisers, who offer honest and bespoke equity release advice free of charge.
- The equity release advice you receive relates to Standard Life Home Finance’s lifetime mortgages and is completely free of charge. So, you can find out if it’s right for you without it costing you a penny.
- You should always think carefully before securing a loan against your home.
Standard Life Equity Release is a trading name of Key Retirement Solutions Ltd. Registered in England No 02457440. Registered Office: Baines House, 4 Midgery Court, Fulwood, Preston PR2 9ZH. Equity release content and financial promotions have been provided and approved by Key Retirement Solutions Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Any personal data provided on this page will be shared with Key Retirement Solutions Ltd who will use the information to contact you about your enquiry.
Businesses in the Phoenix Group will receive a financial benefit from businesses in the Key Group from the sale of each Lifetime Mortgage or other financial benefits where a customer uses any service provided by businesses in the Key Group typically up to a maximum of 3.65% of the value of the loan or up to 20% for services provided to each customer.
Key Retirement Solutions Ltd uses the Standard Life brand under licence from Standard Life Assets and Employee Services Limited. The Standard Life name, logo and domain are registered trademarks of Standard Life Assets and Employee Services Limited.