Insurance products available through Standard Life Direct are provided by LV=.
Cover starts from just £7 a month (depending on your age).
The LV= 50 Plus plan offers:
Guaranteed acceptanceIf you live permanently in the UK and you're aged 50-80, you'll be accepted. You don't even need to answer any medical or health questions.
Guaranteed priceYou make fixed payments throughout the lifetime of your plan. They'll never increase.
Guaranteed cash payoutIf you die more than a year after you start the plan and the plan is still in force then there's a guaranteed cash payout.
A cash lump sumThis could help with funeral expenses and bills, or you could leave a gift for your grandchildren. The lump sum payout becomes available on your death at least one year after the plan starts provided the plan is still in force.
Maximum amounts of cover:
- Minimum - £1,000
- Maximum - £25,000
Cover for lifeYou'll stop making payments when you reach age 90 but your cover continues for the rest of your life.
Your free gift is paid one month after your third premium payment is received.
Important information about over 50 life insurance
- To apply you need to be a permanent UK resident aged 50-80.
- This plan isn’t a savings plan, it only pays out if you die. It doesn’t have cash-in value at any time.
- Once your life insurance plan starts, the amount of life cover doesn't change. This means it won't keep up with inflation, and will buy less in the future.
- You should review your cover regularly to make sure it’ll be enough for your intended purpose e.g. funeral to offset any rise in the cost of living.
- If you stop making payments before age 90, your life insurance cover stops and you won’t get anything back.
- If you die within 12 months of starting your plan, it may only pay out what you’ve paid in.
- Depending on how long you live, you may pay more in premiums than the cash sum payable on death.
If you’re unclear about what this plan provides and whether it suits your needs, you should seek financial advice.
This insurance product available through Standard Life Direct is provided by LV=, part of the Liverpool Victoria Group.
Standard Life Direct is a trading name of Standard Life Client Management Limited, which arranges, and can talk you through this life insurance plan provided by LV=, and products from subsidiaries of Standard Life plc and some external providers.
LV= will pay Standard Life Client Management Limited commission if you buy an LV= Over 50 Life insurance plan through us. The amount paid is based on how much you pay.
Example of commission
The term of the plan can’t be determined at the start date, therefore the example shows the maximum commission payable on a policy for a 50 year old on a plan with a premium of £15 a month over 43 months. The commission figure is not paid directly by you - you only pay the monthly premium quoted and this covers the cost of commission.
- Payment each month £15
- Commission £527.37
For details of the actual amount of commission that would be payable on your plan, please contact Standard Life Direct on 0345 278 5636. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded to protect both you and us and help with our training. Call charges will vary.
LV= is a registered trade mark of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited (LVFS), a trading style of the Liverpool Victoria Group of companies.
LVFS is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 110035.
Registered address: County Gates, Bournemouth BH1 2NF.