Why choose the International Bond?
The International Bond from Standard Life International dac offers:
- Tax-efficient growth: your clients won't normally pay tax on any investment growth
- Control over tax: your clients don't normally pay any tax until they take their money out of the bond
- A wide investment choice: clients can choose from a range of investments to meet their goals
Benefits for your clients
Money can grow tax efficiently – because they don't normally pay tax on investment growth.
Pay tax later
Each year, your client can take out up to 5% of the total amount paid into the bond, and pay any tax at a later date.
Clients can take the money they’ve saved as one-off withdrawals or as regular income.
More control over tax
Tax is normally paid when money is taken out the bond – and it’s based on their situation at that time.
Wide investment choice
Choose from investments, including funds, deposit accounts and discretionary investment managers.
Transfer family wealth
Investing in this bond can be an effective way to protect your client's estate and reduce inheritance tax.
International Bond options
The International Bond can be written on a Life Assurance or Capital Redemption basis – and single, additional single and recurrent payments may be made with either option.
Life Assurance option
This option is a lump sum, non-qualifying, whole of life, offshore investment-linked life assurance contract.
Six lives can be assured, and cover ends on the death of the last life assured, though it can be surrendered earlier.
Capital Redemption option
This option is a lump sum, offshore investment linked insurance contract, which has a fixed term of 99 years, though it can be surrendered earlier.
If the bond’s still in force after 99 years, we’ll pay the higher of the guaranteed maturity value or cash-in value of the bond at the maturity date.
Documents to read and download
Why choose our International Bond?
Read the key benefits for your clients, why you should work with us and how we can help your business.
View the guide
International Bond at a glance
Read our advisers’ guide for more information on this bond and the product charges.
View at a glance guide
Statement of target market
Read our statement of target market for client suitability information for the International Bond.
AKG Financial Strength Report
Read the latest AKG report on Standard Life International and the International Bond.
- The International Bond is an Insurance Based Investment Product (IBIP) covered by the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) and provided by Standard Life International dac.
- It is sold cross-border to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents and is available to individuals, corporate entities and trustees.
- We've defined it as a complex product as it offers exposure to financial instruments deemed complex under MiFID II and incorporates a structure which could make it difficult for customers to understand the risk involved
Money invested is at risk. Tax may change in the future.