Here's why it can be a good idea:
- Control - You’ll have everything in one place making it easy to review and track the performance of your pension.
- Value - You could have a better range of investment choices and lower annual charges. You could even get a discount for having a bigger pension pot.
- Easier retirement planning - You’ll find it easier to choose the right option for you as you get closer to retirement.
Transferring a pension to Standard Life is easy. You could be in control of your combined pension in just a few weeks.
Important things to think about before you transfer
Bringing your pensions together into one plan may not be right for everyone.
- There’s no guarantee of a better pension by transferring into one plan.
- You could be giving up valuable benefits or guarantees held with your existing plan.
- Compare the charges and investment choices on both your existing and receiving plans.
- In the case of final salary or defined benefit pensions the promise to pay a retirement income based on a percentage of your salary would be lost.
If you're unsure, you can find out more from the Money Advice Service
Please be aware that we can’t offer advice. The decision about transferring must be yours. If you're unsure about transferring you should seek financial advice. Your financial adviser will probably charge for this advice.
There may be certain circumstances where you will be required to take financial advice.
The value of any investment can go up or down and may be worth less than was paid in.
Get started today
Transferring your pension to us is easy. To help speed things up it would be useful if you had the following information about each pension you’re thinking of transferring to us:
What you'll need
- Your latest pension statement
- A recent valuation statement (if you have one)
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the details to hand. If you’re unable to answer any of the questions we’ll summarise these at the end. You can then contact the pension company for the answers.Get started Transfer pension
Need a login?
Register or call 0345 606 0098
Lost track of a pension?
The Pension Tracing Service is free and could help you find lost pensions.