Standard Life, part the Phoenix Group, has appointed Warren Bright to the newly created role of Head of Retail Intermediary Distribution. The appointment reflects the ongoing investment by Standard Life in developing its intermediary presence and supporting advisers and their clients.
Warren, who has 25 years’ life and pensions experience, will be responsible for developing relationships with the financial adviser community and the market positioning of Standard Life’s suite of Income and Investment products, and related services.
Warren joined Standard Life from LV = where he was responsible for managing key strategic Adviser relationships and its sales presence in the intermediary market. In over two decades, he has established a track record of building and establishing high-performing sales teams, while developing strong operational and technical expertise across intermediary operations and servicing.
Chris Hudson, Retail Advised Managing Director at Standard Life, commented:
“Warren’s appointment further underpins our renewed commitment to the adviser market where Standard Life has a long heritage and experience of working alongside advisers and their clients. We have been investing steadily in the resources required to build a bigger presence - improving the pricing of our individual pension and our digital led online servicing functionality. Warren will focus on developing our footprint while working closely with key strategic partners to broaden the service provided to intermediaries.
Warren Bright said:
“I look forward to establishing a stronger market presence for this fantastic brand and growing the support and contact available to advisers who are increasingly challenged by the constantly evolving regulatory environment, and clients being impacted by the ongoing cost of living crisis. Growing a team to support our marketplace ambitions is a priority while also ensuring that the service we provide to advisers makes it easier for them to do business with us.”
Warren will report to Chris Hudson, Standard Life’s Retail Advised Managing Director.
About Standard Life
- Standard Life is a brand that has been trusted to look after peoples’ life savings for nearly 200 years
- Today it proudly serves millions of customers who come to Standard Life directly, through advisers and through their employers’ pension scheme
- Standard Life is part of the Phoenix Group, the largest long-term savings and retirement business in the UK. We’re proud to be building on nearly 200 years of Standard Life heritage together
- Our products include a variety of Pensions, Bonds and Retirement options to suit people’s needs, helping our customers to invest and save for their future. We’re proud to offer a leading range of sustainable and responsible investment options
- We support our customers on their journey to and through retirement with comprehensive, easy-to-understand guidance so they can invest in the right way for their needs, and plan a future they feel confident about
- The value of investments can go down as well as up, and may be worth less than originally invested