Standard Life, part of Phoenix Group, has appointed Amy Madden to the newly created role of Customer Office Director. Amy’s appointment comes amid a period of significant investment in the Standard Life business, and cements Standard Life’s commitment to driving a market-leading customer experience across all three of its Pension and Savings channels - Workplace, Retail Intermediated and Retail Direct.
Amy, who has over a decade of senior leadership experience in financial services, will lead the customer functions within Standard Life’s Pensions and Savings business, bringing together customer services and the teams in charge of developing customer experience, customer strategy, digital innovation and investment solutions.
Amy joins Standard Life from Equiniti, where she most recently held the role of Global Chief Customer Officer. Prior to this, Amy held a number of senior positions focused on growth, transformation, marketing and communications in the UK and US, as she moved through her highly successful career at Equiniti. Amy’s expertise is in connecting with a diverse range of customers through innovative, market-leading strategies.
Amy will report to Colin Williams, Managing Director for Pensions and Savings at Standard Life.
Colin Williams commented: I’m incredibly excited to welcome Amy to Standard Life. Amy is one of the very best in her field and I’m so pleased that she shares my enthusiasm and belief in the present and future of this great brand. Around three million customers trust Standard Life with their long-term pensions and savings and each customer has their own needs, challenges and goals – we owe each of them a market leading experience. People in the UK are facing economic challenges from a number of angles at the moment as stubborn inflation and spiralling interest rates hit their pockets, and now more than ever we have an enormous amount of responsibility to service our customers needs in a way that creates the best outcomes possible for them, in the short and long-term. Amy has both the skill and the will to lead us through the challenges and opportunities ahead and deliver for customers across all of our channels.”
Amy Madden said: “Standard Life is a business committed to engaging people with their savings to and through retirement, guided by a strong purpose of helping people secure a life of possibilities. It’s a tough time for people and short-term pressures are understandably closer to the front of people's minds than long-term saving, but the two are inextricably linked. Standard Life’s strong heritage and capabilities coupled with Phoenix’s drive and ambition give us the perfect setup to lead the industry in customer innovation. I am delighted to be working with Colin and his brilliant team to create a best-in-class customer function that proactively drives positive interaction as well as being there when people need us.”
0787 039 7537
0797 406 3067
Notes to Editors
About Standard Life
- Standard Life is a brand that has been trusted to look after peoples' life savings for nearly 200 years
- Today it proudly serves millions of customers who come to Standard Life directly, through advisers and through their employers' pension scheme
- Standard Life is part of the Phoenix Group, the largest long-term savings and retirement business in the UK. We're proud to be building on nearly 200 years of Standard Life heritage together
- Our products include a variety of Pensions, Bonds and Retirement options to suit people's needs, helping our customers to invest and save for their future. We're proud to offer a leading range of sustainable and responsible investment options
- We support our customers on their journey to and through retirement with comprehensive, easy-to-understand guidance so they can invest in the right way for their needs, and plan a future they feel confident about
- The value of investments can go down as well as up, and may be worth less than originally invested