- Dual Role - Davies to sit on Standard Life Independent Governance Committee while retaining board position with the Standard Life Master Trust Company (SLMTC)
- Jo Hill and Rona Cameron step down as Independent Governance Committee members
Standard Life, part of Phoenix Group, has appointed Andrew Davies to its Independent Governance Committee (IGC) which oversees the interests of close to 2.8 million workplace and Investment Pathways personal pension scheme members.
Mr Davies will assume responsibility for the Committee’s Communications and Engagement Value for Money (VfM) workstream, taking over this lead role from Jo Hill who is stepping down to take up a role at the Bank of England. Mr Davies will also retain his position as Trustee on the SLMTC Board which represents the interests of Master Trust pension scheme members.
- Andrew Davies: Andrew has over 35 years’ experience in Financial Services covering pensions, wealth management, life, healthcare and general insurance, holding a wide range of senior management positions. Andrew currently runs his own management consultancy business specialising in strategic change as well as being a Non-Executive Director on the Standard Life Master Trust Board, chairing a South West business mastermind group and training / coaching senior leaders. He was previously Director of Marketing Strategy & Customer Insight for AXA UK & Ireland during which time he established their first customer centricity strategy, and while Head of Strategic Development for AXA Life was a founder member of the Elevate investment platform (now abrdn Elevate). Andrew has qualified as a Chartered Insurer and Financial Planner in addition to holding separate professional Project, Process and Proposal Management qualifications. He is accredited as a Professional Trustee by the PMI.
Additionally, Rona Cameron, an employer-nominated member of the IGC is stepping down after three years’ service to concentrate on her role as Head of Customer Engagement with Standard Life.
As a result, Rachel Haworth, currently IGC Investment Pathways VfM lead, is moving roles to become the Customer VfM lead from 1 October 2023, while Maggie Craig will extend her IGC responsibilities adding Investment Pathways VfM to her Comparative MI VfM role on the Committee.
David Hare, Chair of the Standard Life Independent Governance Committee, said: “Andrew’s appointment adds to the strength and depth of our Committee. He arrives with knowledge and experience of Standard Life through his SLMTC Board membership combined with significant scheme trustee experience. While creating a bridge between the two entities, his enthusiastic and collaborative working style is a good fit with the IGC, and his previous executive and consulting work with providers will boost the Committee’s capabilities in the contract-based pensions world. I’d also like to wish both Rona Cameron and Jo Hill all the best in their future roles and thank them for their efforts while serving on the IGC.”
Within Phoenix Group, which incorporates Standard Life, Phoenix Life and ReAssure, membership of the Independent Governance Committee for each company is harmonised. Andrew Davies will therefore also join the IGCs of Phoenix Life and ReAssure.
Standard Life Independent Governance Committee members:
- Dr David Hare – Chair and Independent Member
- Maggie Craig – Independent Member
- Andrew Davies – Independent Member
- Rachel Haworth – Independent Member
- Andrew Milligan – Independent Member
- Steven Blight – Employee Member
About Standard Life
- Standard Life is a brand that has been trusted to look after peoples’ life savings for nearly 200 years. Today it proudly serves millions of customers who come to Standard Life directly, through advisers and through their employers’ pension scheme.
- Standard Life is part of Phoenix Group, the largest long-term savings and retirement business in the UK. We’re proud to be building on nearly 200 years of Standard Life heritage together.
- Our products include a variety of Pensions, Bonds and Retirement options to suit people’s needs, helping our customers to invest and save for their future. We’re proud to offer a leading range of sustainable and responsible investment options.
- We support our customers on their journey to and through retirement with comprehensive, easy-to-understand guidance so they can invest in the right way for their needs and plan a future they feel confident about.
- The value of investments can go down as well as up and may be worth less than originally invested.