How could an ISA transfer help you?
If you have a cash ISA, stocks and shares ISA (or both), we can help you transfer them to a Standard Life Stocks & Shares ISA.
There are a few reasons why an ISA transfer could benefit you:
- You’ll keep your tax benefits if you move over via ISA transfer
- You‘re looking to do more with your Cash ISA
- Having one account could save you money with fewer fees to pay.
We currently don’t support transfers from innovative finance ISAs, Help to Buy ISAs or lifetime ISAs.
Want to know more about what a stocks and shares ISA is and how they work? Visit our ‘What is an ISA?’ page to find out more.
Why transfer to a Standard Life Stocks & Shares ISA?
- There’s no set-up fee.
- We don’t charge extra for switching funds.
- You’ll have easy access to your account with our online services and mobile app.
You also have investing options when transferring your ISA to Standard Life:
- Our Easy option: choose a fund that is based on your attitude to risk. It’s helpful if you are new to investing or simply don’t feel confident or have time to choose your own individual investments.
- Our DIY option: choose from thousands of individual investment funds. This option is for people who feel confident managing their own investment decisions.
- Keep your investments: We can transfer your money and keep it invested in the funds you had before, but only if we offer the same funds. This option is for savers who feel confident about managing their investments.
- Change at any time: You can change your investment at any time.
Things to think about before you transfer an ISA
- It’s worth checking with your current ISA provider if there’s a fee for transferring your money out.
- Keep in mind that you may miss out on investment growth while your ISA transfer is processing.
- Remember, the value of your ISA fund can go down as well as up, and may be worth less than you paid in.
- ISA charges are not guaranteed and may change in the future.
Laws and tax rules may change in the future. The information here is based on our understanding in April 2020. Personal circumstances also have an impact on tax treatment.
How to start your ISA transfer
If you already have an ISA with us: you can start your transfer simply by giving us a few details:
- The name of the existing company you’d like to transfer from, along with your account or client number with the other company
- Roughly how much you have invested with the existing company
- How you want to invest the monies with us
- We’ll ask you to sign a transfer-in form and send it to us.
Log in to your account or register for online services to get started:
If you’re a new ISA customer:
If you’d like to open a new Standard Life Stocks & Shares ISA, you can find out more about each investment option in this handy table:
|Our Easy investment option||Our DIY investment option||Keep the same investments (where possible)|
|Choosing where to invest||It's easy – you just need to choose which MyFolio Index Fund is right for you based on your attitude to risk.||You can choose from thousands of investment funds.||Your money will go into the same funds you had before, but only If we offer the same funds.|
|Risk level||The team at Aberdeen Standard Investments will make sure that your fund doesn’t take any more or any less risk than it should. You need to make sure you regularly review your risk level to check the fund continues to match how much risk you’re prepared and able to take.||You need to make sure you regularly review your risk level to check the fund continues to match how much risk you’re prepared and able to take.||You need to make sure you regularly review your investments to check they continue to match how much risk you’re prepared and able to take.|
|2020/21 ISA allowance||£20,000||£20,000||£20,000|
|How to Apply||
Simply apply online and tell us about any ISAs you'd like to transfer over.
Or you can learn more about our Easy investment option.
Apply online and tell us about any ISAs you'd like to transfer over.
Or you can learn more about our DIY investment option.
Your existing provider will need to transfer your ISA in cash if you apply online.
To transfer your funds you’ll need to call us.You can only keep the same investment where we offer the same funds.
If you are in any doubt about transferring your ISA speak to a financial adviser. There will likely be a cost for this.
This ISA is arranged through and provided by Standard Life Savings Limited.
Looking to transfer ISA tax benefits following the death of your spouse or civil partner?
Where an ISA holder dies, the surviving spouse or civil partner can now inherit their ISA tax benefits. This will be in the form of an additional permitted allowance equal to the value of the ISA at the holder’s death and will be in addition to your own ISA allowance.
If you want to use this additional ISA allowance please call us:
Call charge will vary.