Why should I choose the MyFolio Managed Funds?
Because they're simple - all you have to do is decide how much risk you're comfortable taking and select the appropriate MyFolio Managed Fund. Our experts will then do the rest.
- They’ll decide what your MyFolio Managed Fund should invest in and when, based on your chosen level of risk.
- They’ll make sure it doesn’t take any more or less risk than it should.
- They’ll aim to produce the best possible returns for you for that level of risk.
Are the MyFolio Managed Funds suitable for me?
They could be a good option if you aren’t confident about investing or simply want to save time choosing your own investments. You'll control which MyFolio Managed Fund is right for you but experts will manage it for you.
There are five MyFolio Managed Funds, each with a different level of risk. If how you feel about risk changes at any time, it’s easy to move into another MyFolio Managed Fund or choose from the full fund range.
As with any investment, the value of your fund can go up or down, and may be worth less than you paid in.
Where do MyFolio Managed Funds invest?
The experts who manage the MyFolio Managed Funds have the option to invest across the globe, and in different types of investments to try and get the best possible returns to suit your chosen risk level.
Spreading your money across a range of different investments and countries can help reduce risk. This is because different investments are affected by different factors – economics, interest rates, politics, conflicts, even weather events. What’s positive for one investment can be negative for another, meaning when one rises in value another may fall.
For up-to-date information on where each of the MyFolio Managed Funds invests, see the fund factsheets.
Who runs the MyFolio Managed Funds?
They’re run by a team of experts at Standard Life Investments Ltd – an investment manager that’s won the following awards:
- Best Multi-Manager at the Money Marketing Awards 2015
- Multi-asset Manager of the Year category at the Financial News Awards for Excellence 2014
- Multi-asset Manager of the Year at the Professional Pensions Awards 2014
I like the sound of the MyFolio Managed Funds - how do I invest in them?
If you’re not already a Standard Life customer, you can invest direct in MyFolio Managed Funds through both an ISA and a Personal Pension. If you choose our easy option Personal Pension, you can also invest in them through one of our MyFolio Managed Strategic Lifestyle Profiles.
Once you’ve decided whether you want to open an ISA or pension with us, you can apply online in minutes.
How can I invest in MyFolio Managed Funds?
If you’d like a bit more choice, we have 20 other MyFolio Funds in our MyFolio range covering different investment styles. Like the MyFolio Managed Funds, you simply need to decide how much risk you're comfortable taking and select the appropriate fund. Our experts will do the rest. They have the option to invest across the globe, and in different types of investments to try and get the best possible returns for your chosen risk level.
- MyFolio Managed - Invest mainly in actively managed funds from Standard Life Investments Ltd.
- MyFolio Market - Invest mainly in tracker (also called passive) funds.
- MyFolio Multi-Manager - Invest in carefully selected actively managed funds from some of the leading managers in the market.
- MyFolio Managed Income - Invest mainly in actively managed funds from Standard Life Investments Ltd which focus on creating income, for example through equity dividends, bond yields and property rental income.
- MyFolio Multi-Manager Income - Invest mainly in carefully selected actively managed funds from some of the leading managers in the market which focus on creating income, for example through equity dividends, bond yields and property rental income.
All of these are available through both an ISA and Personal Pension. We also offer a range of MyFolio Market Strategic Lifestyle Profiles for our Personal Pension customers in addition to our MyFolio Managed Strategic Lifestyle Profiles.
Remember, as with any investment, the value of your fund can go up or down, and may be worth less than you paid in.