Standard Life Client Management Limited is registered in Scotland (SC193444) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2LL). Standard Life Client Management is authorised and regulated by the FCA. Its FCA register number is 435970. Age Partnership Limited (registered in England (5265969) at 2200 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8ZB). Age Partnership is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Their FCA register number is 425432
We understand people need to be able to access their money when they want to. That’s why we’re working with Age Partnership to provide an Equity Release and advice service. They’re independent specialists who will give you access to plans from providers across the whole equity-release market. If it’s the right choice for you, we can help you release money from your home.
What is Equity Release?
If you’re 55 or over you could unlock tax-free cash from your home with the help of Equity Release, minus any mortgage you’re still to repay. There are two main types. The most popular option is a lifetime mortgage. This is where you continue to own your home after you release money from it. Alternatively you could choose a home reversion plan, where you sell some or all of your home to get a lump sum.
What are the benefits of Equity Release?
- You get a tax-free cash lump sum
- Once you’ve paid off your standard mortgage with your lump sum, you can spend the leftover cash on what matters to you
- You don’t have to make any monthly payments on a lifetime mortgage, it gets repaid when you die or if you move into long-term care
- With a lifetime mortgage you still own 100% of your home
- The tax-free cash you release from your home doesn't have to be taken as a lump-sum. You can 'draw down' the money as income if you like
Things to think about
- The money you release from your home could affect any means-tested benefits you’re entitled to now or in the future
- The money you release is paid back after you die, from your estate. This means the size of your estate, and the amount you can pass on to your loved ones, could go down
- The money you release from your home is a loan, and interest will be repaid when you die or if you move into long-term care
- You have to take advice to release equity from your home. Initial advice is free, and there is no obligation. If you decide to go ahead the fee will be 1.95% of the amount of money you release from your home (minimum £1,495)
- If you're looking to find some extra money in retirement, Equity Release isn't the only option. There are lots of alternatives like downsizing your home or taking out a personal loan
Age Partnership will pay Standard Life Client Management an introductory fee if you decide to take out a product. This will be based on a percentage of the product value. Please contact us if you require further information on this.
Try the Age Partnership Equity Release calculator
Simply fill in a few details and find out how much money you could unlock from your property.
Give us a call
We can take you through all you need to know and answer any questions you may have.08000561606
We can call you
Want us to give you a call back? No problem.Request an instant call back
Request a free brochure
If you’re looking for more information we’ve created a handy brochure that covers everything you need to know about Equity Release.Order a free brochure